Tuesday, January 22, 2008

predestination and away i go

As I leave I am listening to Mark Driscoll talk to me about predestination. It is good. Mark just said, "the doctrine of election is very conforting." I would have to agree. How very vague of me.

Guess what? I am getting on a plane in about 12 hours that will take me first to NYC, then right on to Kiev, Ukraine where I will be until Friday. And on Friday I am getting on another plane that will take me first to Paris, then right on to Edinburgh, Scotland where I will be until February 6th. Wow!

I am totally thrilled to go. Always a little bittersweet, leaving home, but I really am excited.

Please pray for me. In Ukraine I'll be working with some other people to plan an outreach we are offering to college students/anyone during spring break. My heart is already breaking for these people. In Scotland, I'll be reconnecting with some friends I've known for years and my heart's prayer is to in a way, be like Paul...to encourage and strengthen them. To minister and to pray for them. To bear their load for just a little while.

Okay I really don't have time to blog. I gotta pack!

5 comments:

Bridgette said...

I'm on Chapter 8 (Prayer and Worship) in Biblical Connections and also reading through Acts. I understand now how you want to be like Paul (traveling, building, and encouraging the church) - that's exciting! May God open doors for your messages!

Sandra Dena said...

She has returned!!

Sandra Dena said...

She has returned!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Nicole said...

YOU ROCK! Lindsay, let's get together so I can see your pictures!!