Thursday, May 29, 2008

sushi with Jess and a quote...

I'm really excited to say that last night I expanded my not-very-expansive cooking skills and made SUSHI! Matt and Jess, my engaged friends and fellow youth workers got me a Sushi kit and recipe book for my birthday. Last night Jess and I tried it out. Our ingredients were:
-seaweed to roll the sushi
-sticky, sushi rice
-chopped carrots
-[chopped] cream cheese
-chopped cucumber
-chopped avocado
-chopped imitation crab meat
-dumplings on the size
-soy sauce!

I learned that 1. making sushi is fun 2. especially with a friend and 3. soy sauce makes anything taste GOOD!

Have you ever made sushi?

I'll leave you with a quote:

"The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost." -G.K. Chesterton

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never made Sushi but I hear it's fun to make. I like eating Sushi, one of my favorite restaurants is Sushi Thai and their $1.00 roll nights! Last night I made fried green tomatoes for the first time and they turned out very well.