Friday, August 22, 2008

"freeness" and recipes

First of all, I am sad that I have no one staying with me in my room. This past week has been so great and relaxing. It's been an exciting vaycay that's really going to help me start of this school year as a minister (and a student now) off right. It's going to be a great year.

As of the past week, I feel like a completely new woman. I'm not going to get into it...if you wanna know, ask, but God has really been setting me free. This new found "freeness" has really broadened my horizons. "Praizem!"

Enough of that....I went to Barnes and Nobles tonight to look at some cookbooks and I found some cool recipes. I was specifically looking up quick and easy recipes to add to my collection (of which I owe the start of to Ms. Linda Graham). Here's one I want to make:

Easy Citrus Salmon Steaks
prep: 10 minutes
broil: 8 minutes
makes: 4 servings

ingredients...
-2 fresh or frozen salmon steaks cut 1 in. thick (about 1 pound)
-2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon or orange peel
-2 tablespoons black pepper
-1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic (2 cloves)
-2 tablespoons sliced green onion
-2 medium oranges, peeled and sliced crosswise

directions...
1.Thaw if frozen, rinse fish, pat dry with paper towel. Preheat boiler. In small bowl stir lemon peel, lemon juice, pepper, and garlic
2.Place fish on the greased, unheated rack of a broiler pan. Brush with half of juice mixture. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork, turning once and brushing with remaining juice halfway through broiling.
3.To serve, cut each fish steak into two portions and transfer to dinner plates. Sprinkle with green onion. Serve with orange slices.

[menu ideas: french baguette slices, rice pilaf, roasted brussel sprouts]

Doesn't that sound yum? Now all I need is 3 other people to make it for! Any takers?!



3 comments:

Bridgette said...

"Praizem!" I like that :)
I'm excited for this new season in your life! Recipe sounds delicious, I'd love to do a cooking night!

Anonymous said...

This looks good! Might have to try it myself.

Nicole said...

All right: me, Karen and Bridgette - why not? When are we coming over?